Aedes (Och.) caspius
- 1771:475 (A; as Culex)
- Type-loc: Caspian Sea (NE)
Afghanistan, Algeria, Austria, Bahrain, Belarus, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Djibouti, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Israel (and Gaza Strip & West Bank), Jordan, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Mongolia, Morocco, Pakistan, Poland, Portugal, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom (includes Guernsey, Jersey, Isle of Man), Yemen, Yugoslavia (Serbia and Montenegro)
- africanus Neveu-Lemaire
- 1906:271 (F*; Taeniorhynchus)
- Type-loc: Port Said, Suez, and Cairo, [Egypt] (NE)
- arabica Giles
- 1906:130 (M, F; Mansonia)
- Type-loc: Bahrain, Persian Gulf (BM)
- For more synonyms, see WRBU's Mosquito Catalog
Vector of Rift Valley Fever virus (Clements 2012).
Adult Stage, detail images:
Click on image to open larger view in a separate window. Higher-resolution detail images of some specimens are available on request.